Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Change

Someone recently told me that the only people who like change are babies with wet diapers. I laughed and thought, "that's not true...change is a good thing." Well then things started to change and suddenly I realized that maybe I wasn't a huge fan of change. Change is scary...even if it is a good thing.

My family and I are in the process of making a huge move back closer to home. I can't wait...it will be so nice to be close to our family again. But it's becoming more and more real as the the date gets closer. Suddenly reality is setting in and I'm realizing this is ACTUALLY HAPPENING!! How is it that one moment you are so sure all you want to do is move back home, and the next you are crying thinking about leaving the home you have started on your own???!!

The last seven years have truly been amazing. I moved 5 hours away from home, I earned my graduate degree, I met AMAZING friends along the way, I married my best friend, we bought our first home, and we had a wonderful little girl. I know no matter where we live I will continue to have a great life with my family and my friends, no matter how far we are...

So back to my original statement about change being scary...to put it bluntly...IT IS!!! But it's how we embrace the change that is really important. This isn't the end of my story, but the start of the next chapter. I can't wait to see where it takes me and what new things I learn. I'm excited and nervous but mostly excited.

So for now I'll embrace the stress and anxiety over moving and look ahead to the new memories my family and I will create in a new home, in a new state!

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment