Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The New Book Club

So we all know that a night out with girlfriends cures all, especially when a nice glass bottle of wine is involved!  Last night, I got to meet up with a few ladies that I volunteer with at the Ronald McDonald House, and we had fun just laughing, chatting, and enjoying a beautiful Carolina sunset.


While we were there, we got chatting with 3 girls at the table next to us.  They shared an idea with us that we absolutely loved:  a new form of book club.. without the books!  Now, I love to read (LOVE to read), but I have never been a book club person, for whatever reason.  So here is their idea:

Get your group of girlfriends/coworkers/family/whatever together monthly, but instead of book club, they called it Specialty Education.  (Not sure if I love that name, but I digress.)

Each woman in the group shares a special talent/hobby/interest with the rest of the group, and teaches them how to do whatever it is.  Some examples they had: one girl played softball through college, so she'd take all the girls to a batting cage and teach them proper form.  Another girl is a pastry chef, so she'd invite everyone to her home to learn how to decorate cupcake or cakes.  Another likes to paint, so everyone would have a canvas and paints, and have a good old time.

I LOVE this!  I always want to try new things, but don't want to do it by myself, and don't want a major upfront cost to purchase supplies for something I may never do again.  But if you already have a friend with the knowledge, tools, etc (plus that handy bottle of wine!), then it's a win-win!

Anyone else have a group of friends that does this already?  What type of talents do you share?

Hmm... what would my talent be?

Wish I could have Girls Night with these 2 ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment