Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shall we begin?

Jen here!  Jamie, Erin and I have been talking over starting this blog for a little while, so why not today?

I think that part of me felt like we should have the blog perfectly set up (title, color scheme, purpose, etc.) before we even got going... but why does it have to be perfect? 

I have been struggling with that a lot lately- perfection.  Overcommitting.  Trying to keep up with the Joneses.  We don't know what this blog is going to be 'about,' but that is the best part!  And if it starts off all over the place, it's all good, we'll find our flow sometime.  It's not like we have thousands of followers (YET! ;) ) who will be judging these posts!

So we're all about to turn Dirty Thirty over the next year, and I don't know about my fellow bloggers, but I find myself thinking a lot more about the future, my purpose here, life goals, etc.  And I think I'm over the fast-paced, get ahead at all costs mentality.  (Not sure if I was ever fully into that, but it just seemed like the thing to do).  My goal is to enjoy the little things more, live in the moment, turn off the TV, sing in the shower, and all that jazz.

I love this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "Do one thing every day that scares you."

So I'll start today.  I'll write a random post that the Editor in me thinks needs 5 revisions.  And we'll get this blog going!

What will you do today that scares you?

No comments:

Post a Comment