Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Halloween

Not sure about my counterparts, but I LOVE Halloween.  Especially decorating for it!  And now thanks to Pinterest, I also love making my own decorations or getting design inspiration from others.

Back in college, and when hubby and I first got married, I bought decorations, but they were cheap and cheap LOOKING.  I didn't even think of making things on my own.  I thought there was just cutebutsoexpensive stuff at stores like Pier One, and cheapbutnotsocute stuff at Walmart.  I just tossed a few cheap things up, yay decorations!, and that was it.  I was never all that proud or inspired by it though.

But check out these adorable things found on Pinterest:


via

via

via
I didn't think to take a picture of any of the things I've done so far, but one thing I'm loving is my mantle.  I have 3 glass vases of different sizes that I try to fill each season or holiday month with something specific to that holiday.  So right now I have a candle in one, some mini pumpkins in another, and then one filled with skulls and eyeballs.  Came out great!  And I framed this picture and put it up there too.


via
I haven't really thought of any decorating upstairs though.  Do people decorate bedrooms or bathrooms for Halloween at all? Or just their common areas (living room, kitchen, etc.)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment